Crete’s rich gastronomic palette is greatly influenced by the history and the location of the island: due to its location in the heart of the Mediterranean it is at the crossroads of rich and versatile cultures. Balanced local cuisine combines seasonal ingredients that reflect the diversity of the fertile land of Europe’s southernmost point.
• GREEK COFFEE: In one of the oldest shops on Heraklion’s bazaar street, you will learn and learn about the tradition of roasting, grinding, brewing and serving Greek coffee.
• TRADITIONAL BAKERY: Meet the unique features of Cretan baking and after a short demonstration try some traditional products.
• CHEESE SHOP: Tasting of Traditional Cheese Varieties.
• HEALING HERBS: In our specialty store Herb we will tell you about the unique spices and medicinal herbs of Crete.
• A visit to the WINE SHOP LIRARAKIS. A great opportunity to get acquainted with the producers of branded wine, learn the basics of winemaking, taste wines from the best grapes.
• LUNCH: One of the best taverns in the city will present traditional Greek cuisine.