Included in the price:
- Transfer from hotels located in the HERAKLION area: Amudara, Analipsi, Anissaras, Gouves, Gournes, Carteros, Kokkini Hani, Hersonissos, Malia, Stalida.
- Tour guide - Language: ENG, GER, FR.
- Ticket entrance Samaria (save ticket, check out):
- + Adult 3 € / person
- + Child up to 15 years - free of charge
- The cost of transfer from hotels located in the village of Fodele, Agia Pelagia, Ligaria increases by 10 € for an adult and 5 € for a child.
- Note: Additional payment for the transfer of certain areas, specify the location of your holiday when you order the tour.
- Lunch: Not included.
- From 07:00 to 20:30 (depends pick up location).
Degree of difficulty:
- By bus (moving up to 2.5 hours) one way.
Do not forget to bring:
- 8 kilometers along a very rocky path, sometimes steep.
Ability to travel with small children:
- Special for hiking or running sports shoes, preferably with hard soles, hat, sunscreen, bathing suit, water and money on entrance fees.
Terms of return of the excursion:
- Visiting the gorge is usually recommended for children over 7 years old, who like to walk a lot. Infants only in a special backpack..
- Upon cancellation of the tour for more than a day - 75% refund.
- No refunds in case of cancellation less than 24 hours.
The gorge of Imbros is one of the deepest and narrowest gorges of Crete and the second most popular for walkers after the gorge of Samaria. It ιs located in the South East part of the White Mountains, with 7km length, and has slopes up to 300m high. Despite being smaller in size than Samaria there are some very spectacular sections, especially the several very narrow passages.
It is famous due to the rare flora and the amazing landscape all over the area. The scenery is beautiful and the low difficulty makes the descent of Imbros ideal for families with children.
You can see various caves, vegetation consisting of Cypress, Oak, Maple trees as well as other trees and flowers. The gorge itself is breathtaking.
The walk starts from the traditional Cretan village Imbros (800m high) and ends in the village Komitades (300m high).
Before starting the walk there is a small café, if you wish to grab a coffee or local breakfast. After the short break, you will then start the walk through the gorge which is downhill, with a guide who will point out the native plants and give you information about the whole area.
This walk takes about 2 ½ hours of leisure walking where you will find your way through captivating countryside while passing mountains, villages and the impressive White Mountains.
At the end of the gorge at the village Komitades you can take a rest and enjoy a cold drink or a coffee
You will then drive down to the seaside village of Chora Sfakion where you will have free time to relax at one of the little café/taverns on the water front overlooking the sea or enjoy a dip in the cool Libyan sea.
You will be returned to the same point as the morning pick up.
Type of excursion: Adventure – educational – full day.
Return to hotels: 19:00 – 19:30