The best way to explore the natural beauty of Crete is with a jeep safari that takes you through amazing natural landscapes, high mountains, traditional Cretan villages, olive groves, gorges and secluded sandy beaches.
If you have a driver's license, you can drive a car or just enjoy the ride as a passenger. ROUTE 1. Southeast of Crete
ROUTE 2. Lassithi Area
- Path to the southeast of the island with a stop for rest and coffee in the small traditional village of Castelli
- Barbecue in the village of Tsoutsouros and swimming in the crystal clear waters of the Libyan Sea on the south coast of the island.
- On the way back stop for a walk in the village Skoinias.
ROUTE 3. Rethymnon area.
- Magnificent panoramic view opens on the way to the village of Kera on the northeast coast of the island.
- Off-road, among the rich Cretan flora, we reach the village of Goni with the narrow streets of traditional Cretan architecture.
- On the green terrace of the local tavern in the village of Castelli, dinner cooked in a wood-burning stove in the traditional way.
- Return to the sandy beaches of the north coast for swimming.
- Stop in the village of Spili near the Venetian sources in the central part of the island on the way to the southern coast of Crete.
- Lunch with authentic food typical of traditional Cretan cuisine in one of the best local taverns and swimming at the most popular Preveli beach.
- Return through the Kourtaliti Gorge.